Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Best watch videos #1: How it's made Panerai Luminor Marina Caliber P.9000

Since I fell in love with watches, I have been amazed at the wealth of beautiful videos about watches available online. At the same time I have been amazed at how difficult they are to find. I will be periodically posting some of the best videos I find about watches.

This first one is a how it's made video (in two parts and in 1080 HD) about the Panerai Caliber P.9000 and the Luminor Marina 44mm that uses the movement.





I think this video is extremely interesting but also speaks to how watches are manufactured now. With the exception of extremely fine watches (above 20,000 USD retail usually), fine watches are largely made by machines with human-machine intervention. Panerai perhaps isn't the best example of handmade watches but future videos will be show more of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment